SaskPower’s Planning for Nuclear – Virtual Open House – Wednesday, December 7th
Sessions will run from 12-2pm and 7-9pm, as noted on the registration page.
We look forward to seeing you and members from your community online.
Email from: Alexis Doyle @ saskpower
Subject: Planning for Nuclear – Virtual Open House: Dec. 7th, 10am-12pm & 5-7pm
Over the past two months, we have been hosting drop-in and pop-up events throughout the Estevan and Elbow study areas to share more information about the proposed small modular reactors (SMR) project with members from your community.
During these events, we’ve heard that many would like to learn more about different aspects of the project including safety, waste management and the technology behind SMRs. That’s why we’re hosting our first-ever virtual open house on Planning for Nuclear Power next week on December 7th!
Planning for Nuclear – Virtual Open House: Dec. 7th, 10am-12pm & 5-7pm
Door prizes, breakout rooms and opportunities to speak to experts! It’s just like an in-person open-house, but you can take part from your couch.
During the 2-hour open house, we’ll be hosting 30-minute sessions on a variety of topics with presentations from our project team, our partners, representatives from other jurisdictions and experts in the nuclear field. You’ll be able to choose 4 sessions to attend. Here’s a snapshot of some of the topics we’re discussing in sessions:
- What’s it like to live near a nuclear power plant? Officials from the municipality of Pickering, Ontario, will share their experience living near a nuclear power facility.
- What happens with nuclear waste? The Nuclear Waste Management Organization is leading the charge for the safe, integrated and long-term storage of nuclear waste. They’ll share more about their plan and role in keeping people and the environment safe.
- What’s the nuclear technology we’ve chosen? GE Hitachi builds and services advanced nuclear reactors. They’re the maker behind the technology we’ve chosen. Come see what it looks like and how it works.
Attend to win 1 of 2 $500 Visa gift cards and a selection of beautifully made gifts. Learn more here: Virtual Open House – Planning for Nuclear Power | Engage SaskPower.
HOW TO REGISTER
- December 7, 12 pm to 2 pm – Register here: Planning for Nuclear Power: Virtual Open House – Afternoon (hopin.com)
- December 7, 7 pm to 9 pm – Register here: Planning for Nuclear Power: Virtual Open House – Evening (hopin.com)
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Register for the 2-hour time slot that works best for you on Dec. 7.
- On Dec. 7, join the open house.
- After joining the Virtual Open House, choose from 10 individual 30-min sessions (each session will repeat twice).
- Attend up to 4 different sessions over the 2-hour period, or simply drop in when it works for you.
- Visit virtual booths any time.
- Access materials to watch, read, or download to view later.